'Orange Volume 2' Spoiler Free Manga Review



Such a great conclusion to the series!!! Just a warning before I begin this review, Orange deals with some very serious themes including suicide and mental illness. If you get triggered by the stuff, then this manga is not for you. It picks up straight after the last volume left off. Orange tells the story of a group of high school students who receive letters from their future selves telling them that in 10 years time one of their friends is no longer with them. They are given a set of instructions of what to do each day to help their friend be happy. Orange has a unique art style, unlike any manga I have read. I first I was unsure about it, but now I would consider Takano one of my favorite artists. This book is worth reading for the art alone, never mind the story! Although the story is fantastic too, and emotional in so many places. I was almost crying at multiple times while reading this. It's also such an excellent exploration of whether the future can be changed or not. Do we have control over our lives and the people around us or are some things just pre-determined? This book's story was also much more linear than the last one which made me like it more. The only things that I did not like about it were mid-way through there was an explanation of how the letters traveled back in time. This was not needed. The writer can take things like this for granted. I get that it was done to answer a question, but it just left me with like 50 other ones. There were also some grammar mistakes which I'm going to put down to translation.

Matthew Gurteen.

Comments

Popular Posts:

RWBY Volume 5 Theories and Predictions

'Spiderman Homecoming' Review:

RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack Review:

Blogs I love: